Our Patient Engagement and Experience Strategy sets out a number of improvements that will be implemented in 2016/17 for ensuring that all patients receive compassionate care and that the patient’s voice sits at the heart of the improvement programme.
We will achieve excellence by providing every patient with care that will make them feel:
- Cared for
- That they have a choice
The commitment we make to our patients is to:
- Smile – welcome you and your visitors with courtesy and care for them with compassion and kindness
- Simplify – give clear explanations of processes and provide high quality accessible information
- Solve – problems and concerns immediately at the point they are raised
Supported – because we help them make decisions about their care, listen and learn from them.
We also welcome feedback in order to help us improve and make us the hospital of choice for our patients.
Friends and family test
All patients over the age of 16 who have been in hospital for at least one night or who have visited A&E will be asked’ how likely are you to recommend our ward or A&E department to your friends or family if they needed similar care or treatment’. The results of these surveys will be published on our web site and reported on nationally so comparisons can be made between trusts. This will enable our patients to make choices as to where they would like to receive their treatment and we want to make Barts Health the hospital of choice for our patients.
Our priorities to improve the experience of our patients are:
- To build positive relationships with our patients in particular improving trust and confidence
- To ensure that all improvements in our services and the development of new services is undertaken in partnership with our patients
- To improve access to our health services and promote healthy living for local people.