Patron, Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex
Registered Charity No. 279009
President: Professor Trevor Beedham
Chairman: Dr Anthea McEwan
Friends are made up of volunteers, hospital staff (past and present) and members of the local community.
Friends raise funds for the charity, who in turn give grants to the hospital directly benefitting patients and staff for items which are not available from the NHS. Between 2012 and 2015 friends have approved the following purchases to help patients and staff to improve medical care and hospital stay.
We raised money for:
- the Emergency Department for a mobile life support ventilator
- a DVD incorporated into an MRI scanner for the Radiology Imaging Department
- the Renal Unit to purchase a sound system, also case study film (shown to patients prior to treatment), and supply of a harpist to play at their Annual Remembrance Services.
- For the Children's Hospital - 12 portable DVD players, two ipads, two car seats (baby and toddler), twice monthly ongoing magic and entertainment shows, upgrade and maintenance of fish tanks and a neonatal resuscitation machine.
- Each year at Christmas, a ward donation is also made to 33 of the wards in the hospital.
Friends have a fantastic team of volunteers who run the ‘mobile trolley service’ so patients can purchase soft drinks, confectionary and toiletries from the comfort of their beds. It also means we can stop and have a chat with patients too!
Friends are always in need of extra help, whether it be helping out with our mobile trolley service or raising funds for the hospital.
These are a few ways you could get involved:
- help out with the ‘mobile trolley’ rounds
- raise money for Friends by running a marathon
- make a donation
- remember Friends in your will
- become a member of Friends
Membership of the Friends
The annual subscription (due each October) is £5, or £50 for a 10 year membership. Your membership not only helps the Friends to promote their activities but entitles you to attend various social events. One of which is the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in October. The AGM includes a talk by an interesting speaker on a topical subject, a prize draw raffle, a bring-and-buy stall and a buffet with wine.
Making a donation
You can support us either by becoming a member of Friends or by making a donation.
Cheques should be made payable to ‘Friends of The Royal London Hospital’ and sent to Mavis Bullwinkle.
Make a donation
To make a donation complete the relevant form below.
Honorary Secretary, Friends of The Royal London Hospital
John Harrison House
Room Number 25
London E1 1BB.
Tel: 020 3594 6073. Available on Tuesdays, 11.30am-3.30pm.