As an apprentice, you’ll receive on-the-job training and experience along with formal education from an approved college followed by assessments. You'll join various specialised teams for a set period, and will have dedicated line managers committed to enhancing your career experiences.
Trainee Assistant Research Data Manager
We have two positions available for Trainee Assistant Research Data Manager. One in Imaging and the other in Pathology research arms of the respective departments.
The imaging department at Barts Health NHS Trust uses a number of imaging techniques which can be utilised as part of research protocols (MRI, CT, PET, Nuclear Medicine, X-ray, and Ultrasound). During 2014/2015 there have been over 400 clinical research trials processed and supported within the department of imaging across all 5 sites.
Barts Health is the highest recruiting Trust in the country to NIHR portfolio for pathology trials (primary research activity), including both commercial and non-commercial studies in haemophilia, thrombosis, sickle cell disease and thalassemia.
These are two years fix term contract positions. The post holders will work towards becoming competent Assistant Research Data Manager by going through a rigorous in-house training and studying an Associate Project Management (APM) qualification as a level 4 higher apprenticeship programme.
The deadline is 27 June, please download the Job Descriptions (Imaging & Pathology) and the Application Form here and email the completed form along with your up-to-date CV to email@example.com
We look for trainees who have:
· At least a BSc in medical sciences or basic sciences
· Advanced keyboard skills: proficient in IT packages including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and databases
· are good listeners, honest, friendly and have a professional attitude to work
· are team players, accept personal responsibility and strive to deliver excellent results
· are problem solvers and are excited to use technical skills for healthcare
Qualifications and experience you will gain:
· A rigorous in-house training
· Associate Project Management (APM) qualification as a level 4 higher apprenticeship programme.
· Numerous Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses and points
Salary, working hours, holidays and benefits:
· £200 per week salary (paid monthly)
· 37.5 hours per week including attendance at college as required
· 27 days annual leave plus eight bank holidays
· Two year training duration
· Reduced travel rates on TFL
· NHS employers retail discount
Apply now - deadline 27 June. Interviews on 6 July.