Our dedicated team are here to:
- provide support and information and answer any questions about our services. We can also provide information about other local NHS services
- listen to your concerns and suggestions about our hospital services and feed them back to the Trust. Both positive and negative comments help us to continually improve your experience
- help resolve concerns or problems that you may have experienced either as an inpatient or outpatient at any of our hospitals
If you have a concern
If you are unhappy about the service you received talk to a member of staff within the ward or clinical area you are visiting. Staff will do their best to try and resolve the matter in the first instance. If you are still dissatisfied contact PALS or speak to a member of staff who can assist you in contacting the service. PALS will try to help resolve the concern or refer you to the appropriate person.
If you are a relative, carer or friend of a patient, where possible, we will need to obtain permission from the patient before we can assist with the concern.
If you wish for an official complaint investigation to be carried out and to receive a formal reply from the Trust you will need to go through the Barts Heath formal complaints procedure. You can find details on the formal complaints procedure here.
How to contact PALS
The central team is dedicated in providing an integrated PALS service for Barts Health. The PALS service is available Monday to Friday, 9.30am-4.30pm.You can visit our drop-in services at:
- The Royal London Hospital – 2nd Floor Central Tower, near core lift 5, Main building
- Newham University Hospital – Zone 1, St Andrews Wing
- Whipps Cross University Hospital - Junction 4, Main Building
- The Royal London and Mile End Hospital: 020 3594 2040
- Newham and St Bartholomew's Hospital: 0207 363 9292
- Whipss Cross Hospital: 0208 535 6438
Voicemail systems operate during busy times and out of hours. Please leave a message with your details and a member of the team will call you back at the earliest opportunity.
Email the PALS team at email@example.com
Out of hours
For urgent advice outside PALS opening times, please contact the hospital switchboard and ask to speak to the site manager.
Make an appointment
Call the PALS team using the above telephone number and a member of the team will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.